Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Kate Thompson - GUEST TEACHER!!

Hello Ladies!

Back from Omaha Nebraska, and I'm still bubbling with creativity and excitement...I'll post later about my magical experience at Handmade U.  

Until then, I'm so excited & pleased to announce that Kate Thompson will be making an appearance at Chateau Grenzer and enrollment is now open!!  The usual spots are available so hurry and get yours today!

To further excite you, here are some pics as well as the class description.





FABRIC COLLAGE CLASS WORKSHOP
Instructor: KATE THOMPSON
JANUARY 25 & 26, 2014 (TWO DAY WORKSHOP!!)
Location: TBD
Price: $200
Material Fee: $15
In this class I will teaching you how to create a multi-layered fabric collage (16" x 16") working with fabric, gesso, plaster and paper. After assembling the collage I demonstrate how to paint an image; it could be a figure or portrait with some flower detail. Students can use image transfers to create a base for the painting. I also will have available a face template drawing that could be used for the paintings so the class will focus more on the painting methods rather than drawing. It's a class for all levels since there will be several methods demonstrated to achieve a beautiful image to grace your collage.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh yes it is, Kate is such a fantastic artist!! So excited to have her!!

      Delete
  2. Where is the class being held? The location says TBD??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicki, so sorry I didn't respond sooner. Kate will be teaching in the South Bay, San Jose area. Feel free to send me a message via Facebook if you have any questions. At this time I have 4 spots remaining:) ~ Lexi

      Delete
  3. Do you happen to do any online tutorials to purchase?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathrine! Kate offers a variety of wonderful online workshops. Her site is http://www.fracturedangelics.com/

      I will be filming new tutorials in the next two weeks, so I will be posting those very shortly 😉. If you'd like to be notified when they are up and running, follow my blog, and I'll post soon. Thanks for stopping by!

      Lexi

      Delete