Friday, October 18, 2013

Connie Crystals

Connie Crystals

During all the excitement of the Emmy's we didn't get a chance to share some of the cool product we got to use.  One of the great surprises to arrive at the designer door steps was a box from Connie Crystal.  There were glass crystal beads ranging from 8 to 14 mm, teardrops & raindrops.  They also have the sweetest shape, the Octagons, and they look JUST like the vintage chandelier crystals!! Yum!

The Creative Designers were given a mission to come up with some beautiful jewelry, using the crystals, and I have to say it was no hardship!  These crystals are so delish! It's no surprise to you all that I adore glitz either...any opportunity for glamour and sparkle, and I'm all about it!  I wanted to set out to create a piece that was elegant, that spoke of a time long ago...something that looked like icicles hanging from the eve of an old Victorian.  The finished product was far more than I had imagined...and I'm quite pleased with it....now if I could just figure out where to wear it...gonna have to find a black tie gala I think!

Wanna learn how to make one for yourself?!  Here are my dets, enjoy & don't forget to check out the other sensational creations by the other Creative Team Designers!! Links are below for hopping ease.

"Marie"
Supplies:
Rue Romantique Large Botanical Rectangle  KR104 (brass)
Rue Romantique Small Daisy Diamonds KR112 (brass)
ICE Resin
Wire 20g - bronze WIREBR
Gilders Paste (patina)
Connie Crystals:
Crystal Beads 8mm, 10mm & 12mm
Crystal Tear Drop 1.5in
(2) Crystal Rain Drop 20mm

Directions & Details:
1) Patina your brass findings with Gilders Paste patina color, set aside to cure
2) Begin to wire wrap, using a Briolette wrap style, your tear drop and rain drop crystals. 
3) Once complete, go ahead and begin to wire wrap (standard style) & connect all your crystal beads.  As each neck is different, you will need to determine what length and how many crystals you'll need to complete the necklace. - Add a closure & set aside
4) Choose a picture, I chose an image from the new Art Mechanique papers from Hobby Lobby, cut down to bezel size, adhere & seal with the Art Mechanique Paper Sealer - allow to dry
5) Mix up a small batch of resin and fill the bezel
6) Once cured, you can now attach your crystals & necklace to the bezel.
7) For the crystal hanging from the bottom, I used a metal hole punch and added a jumpring for my crystal to hang from.







Posted Tomorrow
 


 Posted Yesterday 
http://www.susansartcircus.com/blog/


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful necklace! The crystals add the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy:) I totally loved working with the crystals!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Jen!!! I just adore everything you do!!!

      Delete
  3. Lexi.. I adore this piece.. love all your work..!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooer! This piece is exquisite. Those crystals are perfect.

    ReplyDelete