Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Art is...2013

Well, I'm back from Art is...Petaluma, and boy was it a great weekend!  It's so funny how we speak to people through social media...get to know them but have never met them in person.  It was like this with so many wonderful people in Petaluma.  I got to meet Ken Oliver of Spellbinders, Riki Schumacher, Cheryl Simpson, Mary Beth Shaw, Lesley & Tom Venable and sooo many other wonderful people.  I spent the weekend in classes with Lesley.  Have wanted to spend time with her since we met briefly last year, this was such a great experience.  Lesley has the most charming classes and beautiful style.  Her artistic touch is so inspiring, and I just loved my time with both her and her mischievous husband Tom.  Lesley's classes are great, and if you ever have the occasion to take one with her, DO IT.  You'll be so happy you did.  Tom, thank you for you magic cookies BTW!  Lesley I look forward to seeing you in March, fingers crossed.

For those of you following me, Lesley agreed to make a trip to Chateau Grenzer, and we're going to chat soon about what she'll be teaching.  So hang tight for the date and projects. 

So, if you're marking your calendar, here are the guest teachers coming in 2014, just a heads up:

Kate Thompson Jan 25 & 26th
Lesley Venable March (date TBD)
Riki Schumacher - May 2-4

Here are some pics from our fabulous weekend!!  I'm off to Omaha Nebraska tomorrow to teach at Handmade U with Rachel McGough.  I'll keep you guys posted on the event & goings on.

Ciao' for now,

Lexi



















3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fantastic time! I'm so jealous! Ok, next year, I'm in! Can't wait for the exciting classes and teachers you've got lined up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful ... Lexi.. loved your post.. and I am so happy you had so much fun! xo

    ReplyDelete