Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Art is You 2012

 

Connie Fong and Me
A most unexpected delight it was for me to discover I would be going to Art is You.  I was offered a free class, from the lovely Reva Solomon, and the day was most spectacular!  The teacher and class were Metal Deck by Leighanna Light.  Funnily enough, Leighanna is from Taos NM!  Not so far from my native Santa Fe!  Her metal decks, incorporating a wide range of techniques, layers, distress/patina, mica and bits on sheets of metal, were just A-MAZ-ING! 

The ladies in class were all just amazing, and I bumped into a familiar face straight away!  The lovely Connie Fong was also in class, and we shared a spot together.  Connie's metal deck was perfection.  I swear she's got "it"...and tons of it!

After our workshop (10-5), we washed up and prepared ourselves for the vendor shows.  Many of the teachers who taught just an hour before, rushed into the dinner hall to set up their boothes and tables.  Beautiful creations, vintage ephemera, nick nacks of every variety and raffles...oh the raffles just had me drooling.  Everything from PMC sugar skull pendant to shrines to art melange journals.  I was impressed to say the least!  I actually one one too!  A precious little tin shadowbox necklace <love>. Thank you Reva for sharing this special treasure of a day with me, you can't begin to know what joy you brought me.  I'll have your gifts ready soon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment