Friday, September 14, 2012

A blissful moment...


There are just those days, when you need to make yourself something yummy to eat, enjoy an iced latte and kick your feet up for just a few minutes.  For me, today was the day.  We're under construction at the house today, had people coming and going, all the while trying to maintain a bit of routine for the kiddo.  I didn't get a chance to eat this morning, so when I put the kiddo down for his nap, I decided I was going to make myself something nice.  I pulled out my favorite dishes with my favorite glasses and even used a cloth napkin!!  I thought, why the heck not, I don't have to have friends or family over to do something nice...

So, looked in the fridge to see what we had...need to hit the grocery store <yikes>.  I made a toasted omelet wrap.  I thru in steamed broccoli and feta, smeared some homemade kale pesto on a toasted tortilla, wrapped it up and sighed at how satisfying it was.  Really nice to treat yourself! Gotta remember to do it more often.

So, the house is quiet (for few blessed moments), team of workers are off to lunch...and I'm just enjoying the moment.  So, carve out some time and treat yourself today! Have a Happy Day everyone!

2 comments: